Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Simple & Quick Brunch



I was looking through my recipe collection hoping to find something to make for Sunday brunch, when I came across this recipe; Ham and Cheese Crescent Roll-ups.

Like last week, before I give the recipe and picture what mine looked like, I will be listing any modifications, problems or tips I might have had.

The only problem I had was getting the slice of ham to fit so I could roll up the crescent properly. You will see in the picture how badly I did at making a proper looking crescent roll. I think the next time I make these I may, instead of folding the ham over as the recipe suggests, I will cut the ham into two triangles.

while baking the cheese does sort of leak out but I cant think of any way to prevent that and there was still plenty of cheese left in the crescent roll even with the bits that melted out.



Ingredients:
1 can (8oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 thin slices cooked ham
4 thin cheese slices, each cut into 4 strips

Instructions
Heat oven to 350F. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place 1 piece of ham on each triangle, place 2 strips of cheese down center of ham. Fold in edges of ham to match the shape of the dough triangle.

Roll up each crescent, ending at tip of triangle. Place with tips down on ungreased cookie sheet. (I still sprayed mine with some olive oil pam)

Bake 15-19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

No comments: