Friday, September 17, 2010

Fuzzy Friday!!!!



Today I choose just Jake. He is my favorite afterall, but shhh don't tell Cooter. Jake has been my baby since the day I brought him home. I had gone to the local pound with the intention of just seeing what kind of dogs they had, but no intention of coming home that day with one. I was also looking for a specific breed. Well that all went out the window when I saw baby Jake. All the other dogs were barking and jumping around making a fuss. Jake just simply stood up and put his front paws on the fence and looked at me with the sweetest big brown eyes.

I asked the lady to bring him out, she went to get him and then put him down on the pavement, where I sat down to pet him. He looked so sad, I asked what his story was, they had found him on the side of the road scared and wet, she said he was a terrier mix and was 4 months old. I said I will take him, so much for not picking a dog that day. In Texas, when you get a dog from the pound, before you can take them home they bring them to the vet to be neutered and have their shots done. I had to wait a couple of days but then I was told I could pick him up at the vet.

I raced to the vet office and they brought Jake out and placed him in my arms. From that moment on he was my baby. Jake will be 9 this December and he is still the same lovable, sweet, playful dog that he was when I first brought him home.

No comments: