Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Simple Beef Pot Roast



I love a good pot roast, especially when the weather starts to cool down and we head into fall. This recipe was in the little cookbook that came with my slow cooker, so I thought I would give it a try.

It came out nice and tender, no need for a knife. And it tasted good, it could have used a bit more something, I'm not sure what, but some sort of spice. Maybe garlic? Other than that Ed and I both LOVED it.



Ingredients:
1 (3-4lb) Boneless beef roast
1/2 cup water or beef broth (I used the beef broth)
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
2 large carrots, thinly sliced (I just got a bag of baby carrots and put a generous handful in)
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions:
Put vegetables in bottom of stoneware, salt and pepper meat, then place in pot on top of vegetables. Add liquid. Cover and cook on LOW 10 hours or HIGH 6 hours. (I did the low setting.)

No comments: