Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My fav football season snack.




It's not a healthy type snack I know but it's my fav snack to have during fall football season. It can be combined with some raw veggies and some healthy dips if you would like. And I operate on the rule, everything in moderation. So as long as you don't eat the whole batch yourself in one sitting then it's all good.

The recipe I followed said to bake for 10 minutes but I had to bake for 16 minutes total. I also wish I would have put some pam on my cookie sheet as the balls stuck like crazy and I had to pry them off.

A side note if you only need a few or you want to pre-make them for a later date, follow the directions, once you roll them into balls put them in a freezer container and freeze until you are ready to bake them.

Sausage Balls



Ingredients:
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used lowfat cheese)
2 cups biscuit baking mix



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sausage and biscuit mix, then add the cheese.
3. Form into walnut size balls and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated oven 15-25 minutes, until golden brown.



1 comment:

Ravenstarr said...

These look so good. Totally trying them out.