Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cheddar Broccoli Chicken and Mashed Potatoes




I am trying something different this week. Instead of just taking one picture of the finished dish, I took multiple pictures along the way. So anyone who is reading let me know which way you like better.

This recipe was super easy and quick. I needed no modifications and everything was pretty straight forward and came out perfectly. I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com, its a Campbell's recipe.

Tender chicken, broccoli flowerets and a cheesy sauce are served over creamy mashed potatoes for a one dish supper.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (10.75 ounce) can campbell's condensed broccoli cheese soup or campbell's condensed 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup. (I used the 98% fat free soup)
1/3 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets (I used frozen)
4 cups hot mashed potatoes



Directions:
I started off peeling, cutting up the potatoes and putting them to boil. (I prefer real mashed potatoes but you could also use instant.)



Heat oil in the skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned.



Add the soup, milk and broccoli. Heat to boil.



Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until done.



Serve over potatoes.

2 comments:

Denora said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to try that one next week. I like the multiple pictures better than just the one at the end. I like knowing how it's supposed to look along the way!

Unknown said...

Cool, I will keep up the multi pics then. I need to start hunting for a recipe for next week.