Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Yummy Pecan Pie

I also made this pie for the holidays. I gave one as a gift, took one to a family dinner and made one for Ed and I and one for a Boxing Day party. It was a hit! One of the best pecan pies I have ever had. Just be careful to not overcook it.

Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust (I use the frozen pie crust from the grocery store)
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup Corn Syrup (I prefer the light to dark but it’s your personal preference)
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Beat together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla
Arrange pecans in bottom of pie crust and pour mixture over.
Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
Allow to cool before slicing.

No comments: