Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beef Stew

Got a slow cooker a few days after Christmas and this is the first recipe I made in it. Was pretty good.. I would recommend adding some water, it doesn't call for it in the recipe but next time I make it I will be adding some. While cooking mine for the recommended time and setting it started to over cook some of the ingredients so watch it when you get about 7 hours in. I like my stew to have a bit of a gravy that you can soak up with a biscuit or corn bread and this one was a bit too thick for my liking. But other than that I really enjoyed it.

Ingredients:
2lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 glove garlic
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
4 carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, sliced

Cooking Instructions:
Put meat in stoneware. Mix flour, salt and pepper and pour over meat; Stir to coat meat with flour. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. Cook and cover on LOW for 10 hours or HIGH for 6 hours. Stir stew thoroughly before serving.

No comments: