Thursday, December 16, 2010
Christmas Baking Ep 4
I am not a fan of these, but I made them last year and hubby LOVED them. He specifically requested them this year. I do have to say they smell divine when baking.
Just a word of advice on these. Mix by hand only. Do not use a mixer. Too much mixing leads to flat cookies. :P
3/4 cup REAL butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup of raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375f
2. In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
4. Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually beat into the butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet and place on wire rack or wax paper to cool completely.
Makes about 48 cookies.