Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Baking Ep 3



I have a love hate relationship with brownies. Some recipes I have tried are too rich, too chocolatey, too sweet, too dry etc. So when a friend (Jess) raved about her brownie recipe I thought I might give it a try and wow!! I am so glad I did. These are perfect. They have the perfect mix of chocolate, sugar, moistness. Big Thumbs up!!!

Brownies

Ingredients:


1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnut halves

Directions:

preheat oven to 350F

1. combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

2. Melt butter and mix with vanilla and eggs. Then combine with the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. You can add the walnuts now or if you are like me and want less nut influence, wait until you pour the mixture in the pan then place a few walnut halves on the top.

3. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in a 9x13 greased pan (I just used pam baking spray.)

4. Let cool, then cut up and enjoy. Nom!

Thanks again Jess for this recipe!

1 comment:

moldyoldie said...

oh man, I want brownies :(