Thursday, December 16, 2010
Christmas Baking Ep 1
I tried a new Peanut Butter cookie recipe this year. I really like it, it's not too sickening sweet or overly peanut buttery. Nice consistency and easy recipe. Thumbs Up!
Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine (I used margarine)
1/2 cup Peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine and peanut butter with an electric mixer on med to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add the Granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until well combined, scraping the sides of bowl occassionally.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla til combined.
4. Beat in the flour. (if using a hand mixer you may have to mix some by hand. I used a stand mixer and was able to mix all the way with it.)
5. Chill dough for about 30 minutes to make dough easier to handle.
6. Shape dough into 3 inch balls, Roll in additional granulated sugar to coat.
7. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork.
8. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned.
9. cool then eat. nom nom