Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Incredibly Shrinking Me.

I have been struggling since leaving the hospital with getting my required fluid intake. According to my diet info page I am supposed to be taking in a min of 48 oz per day. I am hitting about 36oz. Yesterday was an exception where I hit a lot less than that. I woke up and just felt blah. I hadn't slept well the night before, lots of tossing and turning, which means lots of waking up all night long. I didn't feel like eating or drinking anything. It felt like it was a chore just to make the effort. I managed to get in 2 protein shakes, a cup of broth and minimal water. I just didn't feel like it. I didn't even weigh yesterday because I like I said it was a blah day.

I also need to be more commited to walking. I do walk around the house and go up and down stairs intentionally but beyond one trip to walmart with my dad, I haven't left the house. Thinks have been crazy around here. Sunday very early in the morning my Dad had to take my stepmother to the ER. She has a kidney stone and it is rather large, 5 by 11 mm I think they said. While they were there my dad almost passed out from what I am guessing was low blood sugar. Once they fed him a sandwich he was fine. He brought my stepmother home later that same day with pain meds and some other stuff. She had to go back to ER yesterday late afternoon and didn't get home til late that night. She is at the doctor again this morning for an appt with a urologist. Hopefully they can make it all better soon, I know those aren't pleasant.

I have lost a good amount of weight since my surgery, according to my at home scales. Since my 1st surgery on Halloween I have lost a total of 12 lbs.
Since I started my liquid diet I have lost a total of 40 lbs.

It is exciting to see the numbers dropping on the scale. Keeps you upbeat and motivated to say the least. I have been measuring as well and those numbers are slowly decreasing along with the weight loss.

Not really an important update but just something for me to make note of for later reference. I think my new stomach isn't really fond of mootopia. Every time I have a shake the past few days I get warm all over and I have some slight stomach cramping. Also it makes me a little nauseous sometimes, not every time I drink it though. I like the added benefits of mootopia and really hope my body will settle down. But if I have to change I will.

Oh a big exciting update! My husband is coming down for Christmas. I am so excited! We miss each other a lot and neither of us can wait til he is down here permanently.

Have a great week!

No comments: