Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day Before Surgery.

It is the day before surgery and I am filled with anticipation, excitement, nervousness, inpatients and most of all HUNGER. Today I can only have clear liquids. No protein shakes, no cheating even a little. I just keep reminding myself that it is just one day. One measly day of this and then it all gets better tomorrow.

I am in the process of packing my hospital bag and trying to decide what to take. In all likelihood I will only be there a day, two at the most. Which means I do not really need to bring that much with me, but I like to be prepared. I will probably pack my latest crochet project and maybe a book. I toyed with bringing my ipod but have decided against it. They tell you to not bring any valuables, which I understand but I will be bringing a few. I will have my dad or stepmother keep them until I am in my assigned room after recovery.

Also not to be overshadowed by my surgery date is my 3rd wedding anniversary, or as my husband calls it our Anni-ween. It is hard to imagine that it has been 3 years, the time has really flown by so quickly. It is a bit hard since he is still up in Canada and I am down here in Texas. But that will be fixed soon and then next year we will be together on our anniversary.

So many wonderful things have happened to me in the month of October. So it only seems fitting that I make a change for better health during this time of year.

No comments: