Sunday, January 2, 2011
I made a big dinner for new years and since I hadn't made a pecan pie yet, we decided that would be our dessert.
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla
3. Arrange pecans in bottom of pie crust and pour mixture over them.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool before slicing.