Saturday, November 6, 2010

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ

I know it's not Tuesday, but hehe just pretend. Also there will be no pictures with this entry because my camera batteries are out of commission. I have to get new rechargeable batteries since mine wont charge anymore.

The recipe calls for 6 frozen chicken breasts I used 5 and after Ed having 3 sandwiches and me 2 we still have a ton of leftovers. Also make sure you use a molasses based bbq sauce, not the cheap stuff from Kraft. Famous Dave's or I think Jack Daniel's has a molasses based sauce.

The only thing I added was a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion flakes.

Also I let the chicken cook in my crock pot for 5 and a half hours on high. I took the chicken out shredded it with my fork (was easier than I thought) then I put the chicken back in the crock pot for an additional 45 minutes on low setting.

Ingredients:

6 Frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast.
1 (12 ounce) bottle molasses based BBQ sauce.
1/2 cup italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Buns of your choice. We used whole wheat hamburger buns. You could also use hoagie buns.


Directions:


1. Place chicken in crock pot. In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, italian dressing, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. (this is where I added in my salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion flakes, just about 1/2 tsp of each).

2. Cover and cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. I cooked 5 1/2 hours on high, shredded my chicken then put back in the sauce, cooking on low setting for 45 additional minutes.

3. Spoon mixture onto buns and serve. I served Ed's with some pickles. You could also serve with chips or a side salad.

No comments: